Nurses… Come Fly with Pafford Air Med in Fort Smith, Arkansas!
Pafford Air Med is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurses to join our team!
Founded in 1967, Pafford EMS, is one of the largest and oldest ground and air ambulance services in America. Each day we provide ambulance service in 30 distinct markets spanning the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Oklahoma. 650 Pafford team members operate a fleet of 125 ground ambulances, 3 helicopters, and 2 fixed wing airplanes from 55 base locations.
The Pafford Air Med program transports patients by Fixed Wing Turbo Prop Airplanes and Ground Ambulances from facilities across Arkansas and Oklahoma to larger medical facilities throughout the United States. Our flight nurses are paired with a critical care flight paramedic on each transport, sharing clinical and documentation responsibilities. Last Year the Air Med team transported patients to 16 states across the country in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
Our full time flight nurses work 6-9, 24 hour shifts each month. Part time flight nurses must work a minimum of 2, 24 hour shifts each month to maintain flight status.
Applicants will enjoy working in a fast paced team environment outside of the hospital setting, demonstrating a calm and confident demeanor, and making split second clinical decisions to improve the medical care provided to patients. This position requires exceptional critical thinking skills coupled with critical care nursing experience.
Qualifications for Employment
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with a minimum of an associate degree.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years critical care nursing experience to include ER, ICU, or CCU. (prefer 1 year of ICU experience but not a requirement)
- Must have experience with mechanical ventilator, chest tubes, IV pumps, cardiac monitoring, cardiac medications, and cardiac arrest protocols.
- Must have a current unrestricted driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must have or be able to obtain Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas nursing license.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR, ACLS, PALS, and NRP within 30 days of hire date.
- Must have or be able to obtain BTLS, ITLS, PHTLS or TNCC within 6 months of hire date.
- Must obtain CFRN and EMT-Basic certification within 12 months of hire date.
- Must be willing to attend 5 days of intense training initially and ongoing classroom and clinical education throughout employment. Travel may be required for training and educational purposes.
Apply online today and contact Kathy Griffin at 870-777-7660 or email@example.com
for additional information about this position.